Friday, August 20, 2010

Being disposable

Are you disposable? Easily gotten rid of? Trash? Worthless?

I am so thankful that my God loves me and will not leave me regardless of how selfish, inattentive, and prideful I am. My God will not tire of my endless worries, my times of questioning him, my busy schedule that does not include Him. Will He give me consequences or pull me back? Yes! He will not, though, be "all done" with me. He will not get rid of me. He will not tell me I am disposable. Trash. Worthless.

Why, then, do we as a society tell our kids that if they misbehave we will get rid of them? Why do we tell kids that we will send them away if they cannot change their behavior? Why are we so quick to throw people out, because we have decided it is too much? I have sat in too many meetings this week and heard this conversation. Parents who were told they were nothing; they now tell their kids they are nothing. Satan's lies passed down from generation to generation.

If God does not quit on us, why do we quit? Are we more than God?

No comments:

Post a Comment